Users are receiving an "Oops, we have encountered a temporary glitch" error after logging in at the URL members.webs.com/sites/?from_login=1
In an effort to get this challenging issue resolved as quickly as possible there is some additional information you can provide if the error does not go away after a few minutes. Please see the following troubleshooting tips.
The following steps assume you have already tried closing your browser, clearing your cache, and starting a new session. As you know, clearing your browser's cache is always the first step in troubleshooting.
- Download Google Chrome so you can use the Chrome Console feature. Chrome can be installed for free by clicking here: chrome.com
- Open Google Chrome once it's installed and hit the F12 key on your keyboard. This will launch the console in the bottom half of your browser window.
- By default the console will open to the "Elements" tab. Please click on the Console tab.
- Attempt to access your Webs account just like you normally would.
- Once you see the error message take a screenshot of the full browser window, including the console and your address bar.
- Instructions for taking a screenshot can be found here: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/
- Lastly, go to http://www.webs.com/testServer.jsp and take a screenshot of the results.
- If you are willing to chat with our support team to further troubleshoot this between 11AM-4PM EST Monday to Friday, please provide your contact email address.
Once you have gathered all of this information please share the screenshots as well as your Webs site address in this thread. This will also subscribe you to this topic so you'll automatically receive updates.
Thank you for your patience and understanding! The more information we are able to gather, the better our chances that our engineers will be able to track down and resolve this.