Using an Email Client to Read your Email
You can use your custom domain email with any email client such as:
- Outlook Express
- Mobile phone
- Any client that supports POP3 email configuration
For specific instructions on how to setup email via a certain application or system, visit our email service doc center
Your username is your full email address (including the domain) and your password is what you set up in the Email Services section of your Webs account.
- Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.everyone.net
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.everyone.net
- In Outlook Internet E-mail Settings for Outgoing Server Check the box that reads: My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Alternate SMTP Port (Optional): 2525
Depending on your security settings these are the ports you should be using:
|Server Type||Server Name||Port|
|POP3 (128-bit SSL)||pop.everyone.net||995|
|IMAP with SSL||imap.everyone.net||993|
|SMTP (Authenticated 128-bit SSL)||smtp.everyone.net||465|
|LDAP3** (for Shared Address Book)||ldap.everyone.net||389|
NOTE:The authenticated SMTP username and password is the same as your IMAP and POP username and password.
Tip: If you are using Microsoft Outlook and cannot get your sendmail to work properly, this may be caused by a known issue with Outlook. Please see the following page for more information on how to correct the issue: